Physical activity does the body good, and there’s growing evidence that it helps the brain too. Researchers in the Netherlands report that children who get more exercise, whether at school or on their own, 26 to have higher GPAs and better scores on standardized tests. In a 27 of 14 studies that looked at physical activity and academic 28 , investigators found that the more children moved, the better their grades were in school, 29 in the basic subjects of math, English and reading.
The data will certainly fuel the ongoing debate over whether physical education classes should be cut as schools struggle to 30 on smaller budgets. The arguments against physical education have included concerns that gym time may be taking away from study time. With standardized test scores in the U.S. 31 in recent years, some administrators believe students need to spend more time in the classroom instead of on the playground. But as these findings show, exercise and academics may not be 32 exclusive. Physical activity can improve blood 33 to the brain, fueling memory, attention and creativity, which are 34 to learning. And exercise releases hormones that can improve 35 and relieve stress, which can also help learning. So while it may seem as if kids are just exercising their bodies when they’re running around, they may actually be exercising their brains as well.
A)attendance B)consequently C)current D)depressing
E)dropping F)essential G)feasible H)flow
I)mood J)mutually K)particularly L)performance
M)review N)survive O)tend
26. (O) tend 本句缺少谓语动词，主语为children, 且为一般现在时，句子应用动词原形且要与to搭配，选O。
27. (M) review空前为冠词和介词，空处选名词，根据分类三个名词均不符合句意，review既有名词也有动词词性，名词意为“回顾”。
28. (L) performance前为形容词，空处选择名词，选L。
29. (K) particularly句子完整，位置不在名词前，考查副词，选K。
30. (N) survive前有to, 选动词原形，根据句意，选N。
31. (E) dropping逗号后句子完整，考查非谓语，depressing或dropping, 根据句意，选E。
32. (J) mutually句子完整考查形容词或副词，空后为形容词，故填副词，根据句意选J。
33. (H) flow 结合语意“血液流到大脑”，应填动词flow。
34. (F) essential 前为are, 后面有to, 搭配be essential to。
35. (I) mood前为动词，and并列，后有stress。